Tuesday, March 27, 2007

One for you and Two for Grace...


Grocery shopping can be an adventure all in itself and every trip leads to some kind of embarrasing moment. Either Tread will strike up a conversation with every perfect stranger that walks by or someone will be chasing Grace up and down every aisle. It's not hard to find her because it is usually accompanied by a panic-stricken scream that turns out to be Grace's way of amusing herself! I try to keep them strapped down in the cart, but usually run out of room and they end up having to walk.
I only go when we are down to Tap Ramen noodles and water because I cringe at the thought of trying to get up and down every aisle and still come out of the front doors sane! This last trip was during lunch, so I was able to entertain them both with lunch from McDonald's and the Happy Meal toys. Grace found it comical to make her "Dorothy" doll kiss Tread's Ninja turtle while he tried to fight off Dorothy with his sword. But once again, both of them had to exit the cart and walk beside me. Grace then decided to help load my cart with a few more items than were on my list, but apparantly were on hers! I would successfully sneak the items back on the shelf while she scoped out the next item to grab.
The colored Goldfish crackers were one of the few items that got past me. When I went to check out, I had no choice but to buy some "convenient" foods that I normally wouldn't purchase. We got home and unloaded groceries and when Grace came in from playing she went straight to the pantry and asked for her "fish". Of all the things I purchased, thank goodness this was one of them! I can imagine what melt-down might have been awaiting had I not revealed her purchase from the pantry shelf! She is spoiled and showing it!

1 comment:

ej said...

Isn't it suprising how sneaky they are at such a young age?! Man she is a cutie!