Monday, March 17, 2008

Tread Bear




Tread turned 6 years old. He woke up in the morning and our conversation went like this:

Mom: Good morning birthday boy!
Tread: Today's my birthday?
Mom: Yep. Today's the day!
Tread: I'm six today?
Mom: Yes you are!
Tread: Am I bigger?
Mom: I think your bigger than when you turned five!
Tread: Can you measure me?

Ryan made him his birthday breakfast and our next conversation went like this:

Tread: Mom, is my name still Tread? (I guess he thought maybe that should change on his birthday as well?)
Mom: Yes, did you want a different name?
Tread: Yes, I want to be named "Jack." (The name of his webkinz.)
Dad: Ok, Jack. Your breakfast is ready Jack.
Dad: Jack, don't forget to wash your hands.
Dad: Jack are you ready to go bowling?
Dad: Jack, you better go get dressed.

After about 30 minutes of being called "Jack" Tread finally said:

"DAD, I WAS JUST KIDDING!"

He wanted a "Transformers" birthday but picked out a cupcake teddy bear since that is what his nickname is... He wanted to go bowling again this year and out to lunch so that is what we did. Happy Birthday Tread. You are a sweet boy and we love you!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I can't believe how fast time goes. I feel like it was just yesterday that I was turning on Blues Clues just to keep Tread happy. Do you remember when he would get mad and throw himself on the ground? I swear it was the funniest thing! He sure has turned out to be one great kid though and he's still just as funny. Happy Birthday Tread! Love you!

ej said...

Happy Birthday Tread!! Time does go to stinkn fast- though I love the changes he thought would take place on his birthday- too funny.

amber dawn said...

Happy Birthday Tread. It was so fun to see you while I was visiting. Looks like you had a great time. Love the teddy bear cupcake "cake". Lots of love to you!