Thursday, March 6, 2008

In Loving Memory

I'm sure most of you have heard we lost Mandy yesterday at 5:30 p.m. The doctors had finally diagnosed her with cystic fibrosis. We were present when she passed and there is already a void without her. Private services will be held Friday, March 7, 2008 at 2:00 p.m.
Her obituary will read as follows:

Cotton Louise Kersey

Born February 5, 1975
Known as "Mandy" by those who loved and
cared for her. Mandy passed away at home
March 5, 2008
from cystic fibrosis.
Mandy was raised by the same family,
her thirty-three years, through the foster care program.
She attended schools in Lewiston and Nampa, Idaho.
It was heart-warming to see any progress she achieved.
Private services with family will be held.
Our sweet baby ~ We miss her already.

4 comments:

shellydinger said...

Sheila, thank you so much for posting this. She did have a great family who truly loved her.

The Orchards said...

Mandy was truly loved by ALL! Not only that but she brought a little chunk of Heaven into our family. We will miss her.

Sarah said...

Thank you for posting this. I am so sad that I can't be there. I really loved Mandy and will miss her so much. My favorite memory of Mandy was when I went to visit Amber and Brett with Grandma and Grandpa and I had to get Mandy dressed for bed. I was so frustrated trying to get her arms in her shirt and Mandy just started laughing. She thought it was so funny that I was having such a hard time doing such a simple task I'm sure. I in turn started laughing and the whole mood was different. I'll miss her smile and that laugh.

ej said...

I am so grateful that you posted this Sheila, thank you. That is such a great picture of Mandy and how I want to remember her. Whenever I would just sit with her and think about her life it always helped me think in an eternal perspective. I will miss seeing her at all of the family functions but look forward to the next time we will see her...